If you’re getting ready to take your home off the market, reconsider. There are at least five reasons why our current market is a great one to sell in.
If you have been thinking about selling your home or if it’s already on the market, I have good news. Right now is an opportune time to get a deal done in this market for a number of reasons. We have five reasons to share with you why you should list your home now or keep it on the market if it’s already listed.
1. Fewer homes on the market. This means fewer homes for buyers to look at, less competition for your home, and more money on the final sale price. The number of home sales declines from around 400 to 300 per month in January and February. The two highest months over the past year and a half based on list-to sale price have been January 2015 at 97.1% and December 2015 at 97.4%.
2. More serious buyers. Since the majority of our buyers are from primary markets, many have sold their home in the fall and are now closing. They want to enter the market now, with cash in hand, to get a home in the next 30 days.
3. You can sell your home for more money and not have to physically move until January or February.
4. After the holidays, the supply of listings increases substantially, which lowers the demand for your home. That means more competition, more time lost, and often, less money.
5. Your home shows better when it's decorated for the holidays.
Those are just five of the reasons why you should sell your home during the next few months. You will be able to sell faster and for the most money possible. If you have any questions or if you’re looking to sell your home, give us a call or send us an email. We look forward to hearing from you.